Friday, November 23, 2012

What will it be like...?

Tonight, the day after Thanksgiving, I had the special privilege of helping at a Christmas event with a live cast for the town of Bethlehem. I played as a Roman soldier in Caesar's court, collecting "taxes" (food donations) and making a "census" (guest list). I enjoyed my evening, but the highlight was at the end of the night.

We all left our posts as the evening drew to an end. Eventually, we ended in the Nativity. We sang songs, commemorating different scenes in the Christmas story (the shepherds, the Wise Men, etc.). But, at the end, the entire cast went and knelt before the Christ Child as "O Come, All Ye Faithful", was sung.

I had never done this before. As I knelt, I felt a rush of emotion. Christ's glory shone brighter in my heart than it had for a long time. I wondered what it would've been like to have knelt before the Holy Babe that Christmas night.

I continued, and I began a new question. "What will it be like, when I have passed through this mortal life, to finally kneel before my Savior?" I can't describe how I felt; it was as if everything was perfect, everything was whole, everything was holy... even if only for that one moment. Ignore the troubles in the world; forget the trials and tribulations; Jesus was born, and He had won!

I am looking forward to this holiday season. I anticipate more than any other season I have experienced, especially concerning my understanding of Christ.

God bless y'all!
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment