Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Re: Hope

Today was the Election for the President of the United States of America. As I felt neither Pres. Obama nor Governor Romney fit my idea of the ideal candidate, I wasn't really excited of the results either way. I was not happy, considering on what the next 4 years hold for us.

Now that the election is over and decided, I feel strangely at peace. I think it is in good part due to what my friend Shaylee wrote earlier on her feelings for the election. We may forget it, but neither Pres. Obama nor Mitt Romney are in charge; it is the Lord. He is not quite so powerless as to let an election interrupt His plan. While the events may seem unfavorable to us in our mortal eyes, we would do ourselves a great deal of good by remembering that Christ is still in control.

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

Read what she has to say here.

2 comments:

  1. I feel strangely hopeless at the moment. I need to listen to my own words. . . . Thank you for posting this. I'm glad that my post helped others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit late on the reply, but yes it was helpful :)

    ReplyDelete