Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Earlier this month I was doing daily posts on Facebook describing what I'm thankful for. But, since I resolved to use the Internet less often, that practice discontinued. So for today, I will try to make a good-sized list of what I'm grateful for.

I'm grateful for my Father in Heaven, who has done so much beyond my comprehension for me. To name a few, He put me on this earth to learn, grow, and enjoy the life He enjoys; to have a fullness of joy. He provides me with daily instruction, guidance and love. My life would be meaningless without Him.

I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through His sacrifice that I can overcome my weaknesses and fulfill the design God has in store for me. I lean on Him, I rely on Him, He is my strength and my all.

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit, who provides the guidance God promises. I would be ever lost and ever confused without the inspiration He so generously bestows!

I am thankful for my parents. They are so good to me. I would literally not be here today without them! They provide so much love, support, and guidance. They even homeschooled me too, so I owe them my education in academic and spiritual matters!

I am thankful for the Gospel which provides sound understanding in all things.

I am grateful for Nicholas, Tristan, Timothy, Victoria, Thomas, James, Matthew, and Daniel, my wonderful siblings that make this family special!

I am thankful for my mission, which gave me the opportunity to serve God's children in ways I never imagined. Ironically, I also gained more than I ever gave, being equipped with all the tools I need to make it through the craziness that is life.

I am thankful for my mission president and his wife for the invaluable support during my mission. While my mission was a special time, it was also very difficult. They also showed a love beyond words and were prime examples of disciples of Christ.

I am thankful for all the friends I made during my mission, both missionary and non-missionary. I am not perfect, and I am grateful you loved me anyways. Each of you will always have a special place in my heart!

I am thankful for my church congregation here, especially for a few choice members that make it a special time. I thank you especially Charmaine and Shaylee for making church something I looked forward to rather than anxious for.

I am grateful for my Good Friend. I wonder what God has in store for us...?

I am grateful for church, prayer, and the scriptures both ancient and modern; they provide the knowledge I need when the Spirit is with me, but especially when I am far from Him.

I am thankful for the doctrine of eternities. I know that through the Atonement of Christ that we have forever to look forward to! There is no good thing that will end. We will grow and learn now and forever more; we will be with our family, both immediate and in God, forever and ever.

There are so many other things I am grateful for, but these are of prime significance. I hope the attitude of gratitude may permeate throughout the day for each of us!

God bless you all,
Patrick

1 comment: