Thursday, September 13, 2012

"And my heart pondereth continually..."

"Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."

Hi, I am Patrick. I've always been an introverted person, keeping to myself and just letting things happen around me. A few years back, I never got too involved with what was going on in my environment. I instead tended to escape. More often than not, these escapes led to various ruminations; some useless, but many profitable.

Recently, I returned from a 2-year tour in Alabama and Mississippi proselytizing for our Savior Jesus Christ. I opened up a good bit during that time. I still consider myself to be quiet, but I have improved much. Before this 2-year "mission", I lacked the maturity to realize the seriousness of life, and I continue to lack some maturity, but now I see that I am to do whatever it takes to move forward in my own life and to help others as much as possible.

In the U. S. Declaration of Independence, it describes mankind's pursuit of happiness; I affirm that is ultimately our goal here on Earth. I have learned in the few years I've been alive that we accomplish this not by selfishly pursuing pleasures or anything else of the sort, or even by doing good things that will ultimately end. We find the greatest joy in developing those things of an eternal nature, that which will never die with time. A few examples may include the relationships we develop, the knowledge we learn, and the kind of person we become. These things bring lasting happiness because they are lasting by nature, whereas the pleasure of one-night-stands or binges of any sort will fade almost as quickly as the event itself.

So, what I hope to accomplish by writing here is to share with others what I am going through in life, relate spiritual messages to accompany said experiences with a lesson or new perspective, and to perhaps learn more about myself along the way.

I will probably write a few times per week at first, then hopefully maintain at least one post per week after the initial burst. As I write these posts, feel free to comment with your thoughts, personal experiences, or even suggest how I can improve. I will take it all gladly.

God bless y'all!
Patrick
 

2 comments: